Hillcrest Glebedale School
Stoke on Trent / Staffordshire
Age Range: 7-19yrs
No. of Children: 30
Ofsted Rating: Good
“Staff provide pupils with highly effective and individualised support to help them manage their own behaviours. Teaching is also carefully planned to meet pupils’ interests. This helps pupils to improve their behaviour considerably and attend school more regularly.”
Based in Stoke-on-Trent Hillcrest Glebedale School is a Good rated independent specialist school offering a bespoke approach to education for children with social, emotional and mental health needs.
We pride ourselves on providing a safe, stimulating and nurturing environment, alongside a curriculum designed specifically to promote effective learning skills and encourage the personal growth and development of all pupils to ensure that they reach their full potential.
We are proud to offer…
– A stable and caring environment combined with high staff to student ratios, which ensure that every student has the opportunity to develop their abilities, share new experiences and be supported in realising their future potential.
– A multi-disciplinary and person-centered approach to the delivery of education, care and clinical services which enables students, who may have previously struggled within educational settings to engage positively in school life.
– A broad, balanced, differentiated and relevant curriculum which promotes educational experiences that reach beyond the classroom and supports students to develop social, communication and life skills
-Small class sizes. We never have more than 5 pupils per class.
-High staff to student ratio. Each class has its own teacher and teaching assistant.
-Extensive and individualised resources allow a bespoke approach to education which allows us to meet the needs of all our pupils.
-Our multi-disciplinary team includes Educational Psychologists, Speech and Language Therapists, Clinical Psychologists and Art Therapists who work together to form personalised plans for children who need extra support.
“Students who enter the school with negative attitudes to education achieve more than they thought possible.”
The curriculum is provided in a structured and supportive environment and is planned to meet the personal, academic and pastoral needs of the pupils at each stage of their schooling. In order to support access to the curriculum education staff work alongside clinicians in order to understand and respond therapeutically to the children and young people living and learning with us.
Hillcrest Glebedale School offers an education which exposes pupils’ to a broad, balanced, differentiated and relevant curriculum, presents them with challenges in which creativity is fostered and which is based on the essential elements of the National Curriculum.
The school has an excellent adult to pupil ratio with class sizes of up to a maximum of five pupils. This enables us to give our children high levels of support at all times.
All students are assessed upon entry to the school and this forms the basis of their programme of study. Pupil progress is monitored as part of an ongoing process and is assessed at the end of each half term.
Please see here for 2016/2017 Exam Results
Individually Tailored Programmes
Glebedale School delivers a structured programme of education, tailored to each pupil’s individual needs and taking into account their Education Health Care Plan/Statement of Special Educational Needs. Where appropriate pupils receive targeted personalised interventions both academic and/or therapeutic.
- Accessibility Plan
- Anti-Bullying Policy
- Assessment Marking and Feedback Policy
- Careers Guidance Policy
- Complaints Policy
- Complaints Received
- Equalities Statement
- Exclusions Policy
- Fire Safety Policy
- First Aid Policy
- Health and Safety Policy
- KS2 PSHE Policy
- Local Offer
- PE Policy
- Primary Curriculum Policy
- Referrals and Admissions Policy
- Risk Assessment Policy
- Safeguarding Policy
- Safer Recruitment in Education Policy
- School Behaviour Policy
- School Attendance Policy
- Secondary Curriculum Policy
- Special Education Need and Disability (SEND) Policy
- Spiritual, Moral, Social and Cultural Development Policy
- Supporting Young People with Medical Conditions
Head Teacher: Karen Caswell
Address: Hillcrest Glebedale School | Grove Road | Heron Cross | Stoke on Trent | ST4 3AY
Telephone: 01782 320773
Governing Body: Jarrod Elcock, 07540 719782, Hillcrest Glebedale School | Grove Road | Heron Cross | Stoke on Trent | ST4 3AY
Proprietor: Graham Baker, Hillcrest Childrens Services, Turnpike Gate House, Alcester Heath, Alcester, Warwickshire B49 5JG, 02392 492165
Staff List: Please see here.
Contact: [email protected]